Benefits of Ad Retargeting (Remarketing)
Retargeting Ads. You've seen them. But, do you know what they are and how they benefit your business?
Unfamiliar with the difference between retargeting and remarketing? They're the same thing. Google uses the term "remarketing" while Facebook tends to use the term "retargeting".
Smart marketers and business owners use Ad Retargeting to:
• Bring back landing page visitors who don't convert
• Re-engage with abandoned shopping cart prospects
• Upsell products to highly targeted, interested customers
• Increase brand awareness.
A highly optimized, targeted, conversion-centric landing page averages an 8-10% conversion rate. Remarketing can bring back those lost 92% - and result in more leads or sales.
What is Remarketing?
Savvy online marketers have been using remarketing for years. It's more than likely you've seen them in action - even if you didn't know it.
Need some help starting a new business? Download startup guides
Here's a general example of how you've been retargeted:
You visit a site, get interested in what a business has to offer, and then leave to go do something else. As you're skimming and scanning through other sites, their branded image keeps following you around. You think about the business, feel familiar with who they are, and before you know it, you're back on their site converting to download an eBook or buying that product you were contemplating.
How does Remarketing Work?
In a nutshell, remarketing works by keeping track of anyone who visits your particular landing pages or website pages (check out the difference between a landing page and website page). We can then display your remarketing ads to those lost leads, as they visit other sites online.
For advertisers, remarketing is a dream come true. Imagine being able to follow customers around, increasing your touchpoints and gaining brand awareness with razor sharp precision targeting. You only pay for ads that reach people who are interested enough in your product or service to have actually visited your website and landing pages.
How Does Ad Retargeting Benefit My Business?
As you can see, remarketing gives your business the edge by keeping your business front and center in the minds of your consumer.
If you have an online store or product pages, remarketing can bring back your online window shoppers. You can create product specific ads that will be seen again and again by those people who have in a sense, visited your store, maybe walked through door, browsed and then left. Your lovely ad can then chase after them to remind lost customers how great it would be to fully convert and buy that item.
For B2B's and other businesses with a longer sales funnel, retargeting is also successful in generating more leads. You can entice more people to download your eBook or participate in your webinar, by creating campaigns that are periodically shown to your site visitors. You already know they're interested. Remarketing is an effective method to keep reaching and warming those genuine prospects.
Remarketing ads get high click-through rates and have shown to increase conversions by 400% or more. So, yes, they do benefit your business.
In addition to remarketing, don't forget online marketing sites. You can visit 40billion.com which is a fastest-growing network of entrepreneurs and crowdfunders. They specialize in promotion of small businesses by broadcasting and promoting to its large network of several million users across the most popular social networking sites for small businesses - including Twitter, LinkedIn, 40Billion, and even Facebook. Innovative services such as promoted company listings
were created for small entrepreneurs to tap into a growing, active network online without spending thousands on pay-per-click ads or traditional advertising. They also offer crowdfunding promotion and promote crowdfunders and their campaigns/projects.
Why is remarketing so great? Here's 3 more reasons:
1. It gets your brand seen by the right people. Only someone who's made the effort to visit your site - or specific landing page - will see your ad. You don't need to know the right keywords or the right Likes.
2. It shows them the right ad. Let's say you have a retail store that sells men's shoes and women's shoes. If someone clicks on to your women's shoes website section, you can show your ad for women's shoes to them - not men's shoes. The better your ad fits to your consumer needs and wants, the more likely they'll click on it.
3. It shows you in the right place. Your paid message follows each of your visitors around the internet. Your ad is shown throughout the Google Ad Network and it is displayed based on the cookie in your bounced traffic's browser. There's no guess work in finding the sites that best reach your demographic.
Tips for remarketing for lead generation:
• Promote lead gen content such as eBooks, webinars and how-to guides (check out more lead gen landing page ideas).
• Target your ads to visitors of your content pages and homepage
• Show the benefits of your content and use a friendly, personalized tone
Tips for remarketing to re-engage lost customers:
• Give a discount or coupon that wasn't offered in the original shopping cart funnel
• Link the ad directly to the specific and unique campaign landing page
• Show an image of the product to remind dropped customers what they wanted
Ad remarketing is a cost-effective method of achieving your online marketing goals. Try them out. As always, A/B test your ads to optimize campaigns and get the best measured results.About 40Billion.com
40Billion is the social network of entrepreneurs and crowdfunders - a social platform for connecting business owners and promoting the things they create. Use 40Billion to find professional contacts and projects, get affordable digital marketing
and social media promotion
, and show off your creations to the world. Awarded Best Small Business Marketing Platform
by US Business News!Recommended: Top 3 Crowdfunding Tips to Get Funded