Marketing Made Easier - Follow These 10 Tricks from The Pros
Marketing is the lifeblood of any startup - without it, the company will be sure to sink.
Here is a list of the top ten marketing tricks:
1. Boost your posts.Give your social media
content a boost. Businesses are finding it more and more difficult to get their message heard. By the latest estimates, Facebook is showing only 6 percent of a business' content to their fan base. So, give your content a paid boost. If you have more than 100 likes on your page, a 'boost' button will appear at the bottom of each post. Use it. For less than $30, you can get your message out to thousands of unique users.
2. Load up on data, and do it quickly. Facebook advertising can deliver the cheapest CPM's in online marketing with the ability to test ad efficiency in real-time. Use the power editor "duplicate" tool to create hundreds of ads and change one element per ad. Give these a small budget, and you'll quickly see what works and what doesn't without breaking the bank. Double down on the ones that work, and kill the ones that don't.
Do you know you can broadcast your message
to 2,500,000+ people for $20?
3. Retweet and engage Don't just tweet out stuff about your company. Engage with other companies
, your customers and thought leaders in your market. Retweet their tweets and add your thoughts. Respond to tweets that aren't directed at you and give your thoughts on those. Followers will start flowing your way.
Speaking of social media and marketing, you can also visit 40billion.com which is a fastest-growing network of entrepreneurs and crowdfunders. They specialize in promotion of small businesses by broadcasting and promoting to its large network of several million users across the most popular social networking sites for small businesses - including Twitter, LinkedIn, 40Billion, and even Facebook. Innovative services like promoted posts
and promoted company listings
were created for small entrepreneurs to tap into a growing, active network online without spending thousands on pay-per-click ads or traditional advertising. They also offer crowdfunding promotion and promote crowdfunders and their campaigns/projects.
4. Explore pay-per-click advertising. Google isn't the only show in town when it comes to pay-per-click advertising.
Google has the most volume when it comes to their ad network. But they're far from the only option. Bing provides great results for businesses targeting the baby boomer generation. You can also look into Google Search Partner Networks for other opportunities for higher ROI.
5. One ad per keyword. If you're running a campaign with a dozen keywords and only have one ad, then you're throwing money away. Create specific ad groups that target single keywords. Then create two to three ads for that one keyword. See which ad works best, then run with it.
6. Don't brag, give real value. The greatest secret in media and public relations right now is that the press (and your potential customers) are most interested in the value-added information that will help them succeed in a given area-not in hearing promotional information from you. By thinking of your readers' needs first-not your own self-interests-you will receive business traction and audience engagement beyond your dreams.
7. One sentence Here's a pro tip that's extremely obvious, but often completely ignored by entrepreneurs everywhere: You should be able to explain your startup in one sentence. That's it. No exceptions.
8. Poach your competitors' mentions. Create a Google Alert for your competitors' brand names. Find out where they are being mentioned and in what context. Then, see if there's opportunities to be mentioned alongside of them. Many times, journalists and editors will write about one brand and be open to including a similar brand for parity.
9. Trim your subjects. Get an immediate lift in email marketing revenue by reducing your subject lines to only one word. Choose that word carefully. It should induce irresistible curiosity, while staying relevant to your message. With the right word, your open rates will skyrocket. Do some testing to really dial it in.
10. Think outside the box. Get creative when working with a budget and with advertisers. e.g. you can try a 'pay for performance' billboard on one of the busiest stretches of a local road or an interstate. Then only pay the billboard agency if a sale results from that billboard. You'd be surprised what you can get accomplished if you only ask.About 40Billion.com
40Billion is the social network of entrepreneurs and crowdfunders - a social platform for connecting business owners and promoting the things they create. Use 40Billion to find professional contacts and projects, get affordable business advertising
and crowdfunding promotion
, and show off your creations to the world. Awarded Best Small Business Marketing Platform
by US Business News!Recommended: How To Attract More Customers With A Great Mobile Website